Thursday, February 16, 2012

Joey Jordison Interview

Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison was recently interviewed by the Australian website HardrockHaven.net, and talked about returning to that country to play the Soundwave Festival tour. He also looked back on the recording of Iowa (the 10th Anniversary edition of which was released last year), discussed his practice regimen and studio work ethic, and much more.


Says Joey, "This was something that we really pulled for, a lot of tours get thrown our way, and sound good, and this is one where the band wanted to do Soundwave. We wanted to get back down to Australia before the next record and I think it will be a great way to really close this whole thing out. We can’t wait to get down there, I can’t believe it’s creeping up this fast, everyone’s really excited!"


Regarding Iowa, he says, "When we went to do the interviews [last year] and explain how the record was made, you remember everything but you want to get into the vibe of it, so you listen to the record and you’re like… man we were in a dark ass fucking place when we made that record! There’s no acting whatsoever on any Slipknot record. Every time I listen to our records I can’t just listen to a song, if I listen to one Slipknot song, I’m in for the long haul, I have to listen to it all the way through. Every time I listen to one of the Slipknot records I’m honestly blown away and very proud of what we’ve done."


Read the whole thing!

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/slipknot-joey-interview-20120215

Buckcherry The Grateful Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment