Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lady Gaga Talks 'Judas' Single, Influence Of Alexander McQueen

'Right after he died, I wrote 'Born This Way,' she tells Harper's Bazaar of late designer.
By Jocelyn Vena


Lady Gaga in the May 2011 issue of <i>Harper's Bazaar</i>
Photo: Harper's Bazaar

In Lady Gaga's latest Gagavision video, the singer opens up about the making of "Judas." In episode 42, fans learn that Gaga has been hard at work preparing for the highly anticipated release of Born This Way's second single, which drops April 19.

"I graphic-designed the 'Judas' single cover myself," she shares in the video. "I photographed the image with my cell phone for texture."

Gaga then sits in a Haus meeting, discussing the specifics of her album release. "I don't want the word 'deluxe' on the album," she stipulates to her team. "I hate that word." Scattered around Gaga are images, seemingly from something "Judas"-related. On one photo the word "Judas" is printed with a cross on it, looking like artwork that could have easily appeared in Baz Luhrmann's version of "Romeo and Juliet." More photos are also spread on the floor, one of which seems to be of Gaga, her hair long and blond.

Gaga also opens up about her May 23 album release in the new issue of Harper's Bazaar. She explains that she believes her friend the late Alexander McQueen has had a hand in helping her craft Born This Way and its chart-topping lead single of the same name.

"I think he planned the whole thing: Right after he died, I wrote 'Born This Way.' I think he's up in heaven with fashion strings in his hands, marionetting away, planning this whole thing," she said. That theory seemed to gain some momentum when her label moved up the release date of "BTW" to a date close to the anniversary of his death.

"When I heard that, I knew he planned the whole damn thing," she added. "I didn't even write the f---ing song. He did!"

She adds that fans should brace themselves for the album release. They've only been teased by what's in store. " 'Born This Way' is the marijuana to the heroin of the album," she said. "The [album's] experience gets massively more intense as you explore it. All the different songs are different kinds of highs."

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1661864/lady-gaga-judas.jhtml

Sublime Big Boi

No comments:

Post a Comment