Monday, August 1, 2011

Fantasia Announces She's Pregnant Onstage

'This child that I carry, God has given me this child,' she tells Florida crowd.
By Jocelyn Vena


Fantasia (file)
Photo: Larry Busacca/ Getty Images

Fantasia has certainly experienced highs and lows, both professionally and personally, since her "American Idol" win back in 2004. And over the weekend, the singer announced her latest personal high: She's pregnant.

The "Idol" winner made the announcement during a concert in Jacksonville, Florida. She told the crowd, "You are the first persons that I share this news with. And I share this with you because I can relate to you."

During her impromptu announcement at the show on Sunday, which took place at Riverview Apartments, she continued, "And for a while I walked around figuring out what will they say and what will they think about me. But now I tell you I don't live my life for folk. This child that I carry, God has given me this child. And I don't have to hide it from none of y'all."

Fantasia did not say who the father of her child is, but she has been linked to on-again, off-again boyfriend Antwaun Cook. She has a 9-year-old daughter, Zion Quari Barrino, from a previous relationship.

Last summer, Barrino made headlines when she suffered an overdose after ingesting a combination of aspirin and a sleep aid. Rumors abounded that the singer's alleged relationship with Cook, who was married at the time of their relationship, was a factor in her apparent suicide attempt. She quickly recovered, however, to promote her album Bittersweet.

In her 2010 "Behind the Music" special, Barrino addressed her ups and downs, concluding, "I know that I am beautiful and special. I am who I am — and that's what makes me Fantasia."

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1668200/fantasia-pregnant.jhtml

Puddle of Mudd Ace of Base

No comments:

Post a Comment